Avatar Therapy System
The Avatar Therapy system comprises software for the delivery of Avatar Therapy by trained clinicians within a clinical environment.
The AT System performs the following functions:
- Enrolment of clinicians
- Enrolment of patients
- Selection of avatar voice characteristics
- Selection of avatar face characteristics
- Running of therapy session between two computers, with live voice conversion, avatar animation and lip synchronisation
- Recording of therapy session as audio file
- Record keeping of outcomes of therapy sessions
Two computer systems are required to run the Avatar Therapy system - one for the Clinician console and one for the Patient console. Two modern Windows laptops connected by a dedicated wired or wireless network connection are likely to be satisfactory.
The Avatar Therapy system requires the following minimum hardware specification for each PC:
- PC System running Windows 10 or later.
- CPU Speed better than 2.5GHz.
- Memory better than 8Gb.
- Disk capacity better than 100Gb (1Gb for avatar therapy system).
- Display better than 1280x1024 pixels.
- Graphics hardware supporting hardware accelerated 3D graphics.
- Internet connectivity for download of software (optional, recommended).
- Network connectivity for therapy session (wired connection recommended).
- Good quality audio input for microphone and audio output for headphones, or USB connections for USB audio hardware.
In addition, the following audio and video hardware is required:
- Headset (headphones+boom microphone) for clinician.
- Speakers and table microphone for patient.
- Webcam for patient console.
The Avatar Therapy system is registered as a Class 1 Medical Device with the MHRA.
Licensing arrangements are currently on hold while the Avatar2 trial is running. Once the trial is complete we will consider external licensing of the Avatar Therapy System together with clinical training manuals to other clinical groups. This will allow the system to be used on a subscription basis, inclusive of software updates and technical support. This licence will allow general use of the software for treatment of patients.
Who to contact for more information
- If you are interested in how the Avatar Therapy software system works or what hardware would be required to run the system, please contact Prof. Mark Huckvale at the Department of Speech, Hearing and Phonetic Sciences, University College London: email@example.com
- For other enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2021 Avatar Therapy Ltd. Last modified 15:52 15-Dec-2020. by Mark Huckvale